Sunday, October 22, 2017

Adventure Sworn Wayfarer

The Wayfarer is designed to be a light weight general use bushcraft knife.  It is compact in size, yet the spear-pointed blade has a very substantial 3-3/4" cutting edge, and a comfortable ergonomic handle. The knife has a scandi grind which excels at woodwork.

I picked this particular knife up used and performed a little work to clean it up.  The sheath needed some new edge coat and a good treatment leather protectant.  The spine was damaged from excessive use with a firesteel but I was able to clean it up with careful use of sand paper.  The knife is now back in very good condition.

I've only used the knife a little since I purchased it.  I really like the quality workmanship of both the knife and the sheath.  I'd prefer more of a belly to the blade and less of a pointed tip.  The knife is really designed for wood work which is the reason for these features.  

Overall Length: 8"
Cutting Edge" 3-3/4"
Steel: 01 Tool Steel
Thickness: 3/32"
Handle Material: Brown Canvas Micarta
Handle Liners: OD Green Canvas Micarta
Hardware: brass loveless w/coper tube
Handle Thickness: 3/5







No comments:

Post a Comment