Monday, April 29, 2019

Garden Fence Clearing - Part 1

One of my plans for the coming year is to remove the garden area created by the former owner.  The longer term goal is to create a large flat grassy area.  This area will then be fenced in long term as part of the home site.

To make this happen, I need to remove all the fencing and posts, burn the wood piles in the garden, and remove the rocks and dirt piled along the fence line.  Longer term, I will add the fence which will delineate the home site from the rest of the property.



I started the process a few weeks back by removing near thirty 8' tall t-posts placed around the perimeter.  These t-posts were not connected to the existing fence.  The previous owner added these t-posts so he could install taller fencing to keep deer out but I suppose that never occurred or it was removed as the top run of fencing was not in place when we purchased the property.

The picture above shows the t-posts before removal and below is as of the start of the day today.




I used an old water tough as a burn pit and was able to burn the two small burn piles leaving only the pile of very large stumps left to burn.  I also remove a bit of the fencing but that was more to use the t-posts for a different project.  






While not entirely related, I did take some time today to remove some barb wire that was run by the previous owner to separate the two tracts of land.  It was run many years ago and was not too hard to remove as it was rather rusty and there were only two strands running about 100'.

No comments:

Post a Comment