For the first time in many years, I hunted at the land this evening and again the following morning. It was a quick trip as I wanted to hunt out there and didn't want to bother with the long drive out to the deer lease.
I only saw one doe at a distance walking through some thicker shrubs but I really enjoyed the time. It is a unique experience to look across land you own, have worked on, and am only now taking the time to enjoy. I snapped a few pictures of the view out the right towards the feeder and out towards the left toward the tank.
I built this stand during the Covid summer months and added it to the property that fall. I know I'll be losing the deer lease next year so I couldn't help but think of what I might do next year to make this property a little better for hunting as my options will become far more limited. While I don't expect to shoot near the same caliber deer, the concept of investing some more time out here making it better is exciting.


No comments:
Post a Comment