Saturday, July 23, 2016

Property Line Concerns - Survey Pins Complete

The surveyor added the additional pins along the north property line yesterday.  I was able to visit the property today to inspect the work and am pleased with the outcome.  

The surveyor placed the pins within eye sight of one another but spaced them fairly evenly.  I expected him to use the large rebar style pins he used during the original survey along with the pink flagged posts.  However, he just used what appears to be a long galvanized nail and a wooden stake with a pink flag on the end.  Regardless, the work does the job well and I'm glad its complete.


The plan at this point is to use a post hole digger to dig up the area where each new pin was placed.  I'll then put my own rebar in concrete to mark the property line.  For now, I'll probably end up placing a T post at each point so that I don't lose them but it will not be in concrete.  This will allow me to later change to use any type fencing posts I want when the time comes to install the fence.  

The neighbors fence is not on my property as much as I expected.  There is a small area near the front where it crosses over and also a small area near the back.  I'm going to clear enough around the pins such that I can clearly see where the fence is over the property line.  I'll then work on moving the fence so that it is not on my property.

Moving the fence likely sounds crazy until you see the fence.  The fence is very old, is by no means pulled tight, and was run around trees and through brush such that no part runs in a straight line.  The fence is falling over in sections and the T posts are not firmly in the ground.  The most I'll need to move it is 3-5' so I'll move it over and set it up a little better so donkeys can't cross.  I don't expect the neighbor will ever notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment