Friday, July 1, 2016

Bobcat on Game Camera

I've been running my feeder during the summer this year with my game camera active to get an early look at the animals on the property.  By luck, I caught a picture of a bobcat walking by with a squirrel in its mouth.  Until this point, I did not expect to have a bobcat on the property.

The camera time is correct and shows the picture was taken at 2 o'clock in the afternoon.  That is rather strange a bobcats typically are most active immediately before and right after dark and then in the morning.  

From what I understand, bobcats are often solitary animals that do not tolerate others in their home area.  As a result, this is probably the only one on the property.  I'll have to keep an eye out for him.  It's much better than looking at pictures on donkeys on the game camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment