Saturday, August 20, 2016

Unexpected Windfall - Future Cabin for the Land

In 2008, my parents purchased some rural land.  They started off by placing an RV on the property but within a year or two decided to add a premanufacturered cabin.  The cabin served as a gathering place for meals, to relax, or to stay the night in while hunting on the property.  The cabin is no longer receiving as much use as my parent finished building their house on the property this past December.  

Today, while vising my mom at MD Anderson, my parents surprised my wife and I by deciding to give us the cabin.  We will need to arrange to have it moved but that is not a problem.  This with make a huge change in how we are able to use the land.  It gives us a place to stay the night, somewhere for us to stay when hunting, and a place to get out of the rain, cold, or heat.  I'm really surprised and thankful.  

The cabin is 16' x 32' which includes the 6' front porch.  

The back of the cabin has a rolling door which we will likely remove.  My parents added it as they thought they would eventually turn this cabin into a storage shed.

The interior has been strayed with insulation (walls and ceiling).  My dad covered the walls with paneling.  The cabin is wired with a few outlets and two overhead lights.  

No comments:

Post a Comment