Monday, December 11, 2017

DPMS Oracle AR-10 Build (Part 2) - Hand Guard Weigh-In

I've purchased a Diamondhead VRS-T hand guard for the AR10 along with a low profile gas block.  The stock pieces are of such poor quality they made the firearm look and feel cheap.  I selected Diamondhead as I have a similar hand guard on my AR15 and love it.

I removed the front components which are being replaced by the Diamondhead hand guard and slow profile gas block.  These parts weighed exactly 13.3 ounces.  



I weighed the new Diamondhead parts and they collectively weigh 19.3 ounces which is obviously 6 ounces more than the stock hand guard.  I knew it would be close and expected it might weigh more.  My goal was to decrease weight but this was an area in which I was willing to make a consolation.

The new gas block did not come with a roll pin for installation so I will need to pick one up in the next few days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment