Saturday, December 16, 2017

Hunting Review - 2017

On Labor Day, I setup my feeders and cameras again this year.  

I managed to catch a picture of a 10 point standing a little back from the feeder.  He was only in this single picture.  The camera took pictures from the beginning of September to September 23rd when it ran out of batteries.




I also caught the following 12 point in a few pictures but he was only at the feeder for a single day.  



I swapped camera cards and batteries on the weekend of October 14th.  When I retrieved the cards the first weekend of the hunting season, I had no new pictures of either the 10 or 12 point.  I then began to focus on this 8 point which was the largest of those I found regularly visiting the feeder.



I hunted an extended weekend at the lease with plans of shooting the eight point but I never saw him.  I actually did not seem him as much on the game camera after it was swapped out on October 14th.  

I decided to hunt with my son the next weekend (November 11th) to see if we could get his first buck.  I kept my eyes out for the large 8 point but did not see him.  Additionally, we checked the camera and he had not been to the feeder in the last week either.  




Without the option of shooting something I felt would be memorable, I decided to also take my wife and help her to shoot her first deer.  We managed to shoot her first deer the weekend after Thanksgiving.



I let the game camera run the rest of the year and did not see the larger 8, 10, or 12 point.  

No comments:

Post a Comment