Saturday, December 2, 2017

Restoring Grandad's Bucheimer Holster

Before my granddad passed away, I purchased both his shotgun and revolver from him.  The revolver came with a Bucheimer AL-3 holster.  The holster has seen quite a bit of use over the years and is very worn is spots.  The leather is also rather dry and brittle in locations.  I decided I'd clean it up a bit today.





I cleaned up the holster with some water and a towel.  I then coated it with Fiebing's dark brown leather dye and then with some Obenauf's leather preservative.  The sheath has a much more consistent color now.  The Obenauf's helped the leather condition some but it still rather brittle in spots and the stitching has come loose but perhaps the leather will improve if I continue to treat it.


No comments:

Post a Comment