Friday, April 20, 2018

Skid Steer Problems (Leaking Cylinder Seal & Busted Hydraulic Line)

On Tuesday, I started to notice the right bucket cylinder on the skid steer began to leak excessively.  It was leaking so much I could not continue and it needed to be fixed.  My dad and I worked together and fixed it Wednesday morning which kept me from using it except for about three hours in the evening.


Friday was my last day with the skid steer.  I'd done most of the clearing needed.  I decided to work around the deer stand some before doing finish work around the property.  I'd be working feverishly and the finish work would include smoothing tire tracks, piling up yaupon removed, and catching any yaupon that I missed during the week.

When finishing up clearing a little on the shooting lane at the deer stand, the left bucket cylinder line busted.  I had another one made at a place 35 minutes away only to find they made it with a wrong fitting.  I made the trip again to find they did not crimp it well and it leaked from the fitting.  My the time this was done, I'd lost all of the final day of using the skid steer.  Quite disappointed.





No comments:

Post a Comment