Saturday, April 28, 2018

New Entry Gate - Part 1

While working at the land for the week in April, I used the skidsteer to remove a tree where I intend to add a new gate to the property.  The tree is immediately under power wires and recently had the top cut out by the power company when they connected my new meter.  I figure it is now more of an eyesore and removing once the new gate is in place would be rather difficult.  

After removing the tree, I also added a little dirt to smooth the incline to the road were the new fence will be placed.  It is not perfect but I wanted to raise the soil level where the final post for the gate will be located.  This will make it a little easier to attach the gate without it being placed exceptionally high on the final fence post.


I measured out the location of the new fence and added two T post to mark when the two fence posts will be placed.  I'll mimic the existing fence design with two 56" fence posts 8' apart with smaller pipe welded along the top.  Once painted black, it will look like it was put up with the rest of the current fencing.


I've picked up some pipe of the correct size for the fence work.  I'll need to work on how to cope it so the joins are tight fitting so that I can weld it all together.  Additionally, I've need to work out a way to get a generator at the property which will run my 220 welder.

No comments:

Post a Comment