Saturday, August 3, 2019

Garden Fence Clearing - Part 4

While my pictures are not great of the progress today, I removed the remaining sections of fence.  In the picture below, the fence ran just below the tree in the lower left and then to the white shed before turning back to the left.  I removed the two corners and entire side this morning.  



The fence is now entirely removed....


After removing everything, I started the clean up process by rolling or folding up the removed sections of fencing.  


There are some newer fence posts which were on the side by the shed and older cedar posts from the remainder of the fence.  I drove  around loading it all up on the trailer.


I cut up all the cedar posts as they are old and I don't really have use for them.  While they are not great fire wood, I'll likely give them to our old Boy Scout Troop as they can certainly use it for fires in the evening this fall and this stuff is certainly dry.


Our city has a bulk trash and recycling program.  I was going to take the fence to the recycling center myself for the cash but would have only received about $3 and was just too beat.  I left it out and let the city handle the job for me.


The only task left is to remove the larger rocks from where the garden fence once stood.  It is not something I need to do immediately but I expect to handle that task in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment