Saturday, March 26, 2022

Spraying GrazonNext HL

I sprayed the property with GrazonNext HL today using the spray map that I created previously.  However, my plan somewhat changed when I arried and prepared to spray.

I put 24 oz of GrazonNext and 8 oz of FarmWorks 80/20 Surfactant per 25 gallons of water.  Before spraying, I paced myself on the ATV with the tank full of water and 3 mph was about the right pace to cover an acre per tank.  This was with the boom setting on high.  I decided to mix it at 1.5 pints per acre as I thought I would be running below before I was able to do it all.

I began spraying and as I progressed realized I was not using as much of the GrazonNext as I expected.  The two gallon contains 256 oz which would have made a total of 10.6 batches/acres.  Somehow, I made a mistake and thought I only had enough for 5.3 acres.  In the end, I covered 7 acres with some to spare for a second coat along the east fence later if needed.




No comments:

Post a Comment